We’re used to seeing vending machines left and right. Whether its on the street, on campus, in the mall or inside a store, these machines come in handy. Equipped with our favorite snacks and drinks, they’re a convenient way to satisfy our cravings.
However, food and drink vending machines are not the only ones out there. There are actually some strange vending machines carrying the most peculiar choices of purchase. Here are 28 vending machines you’ll be shocked exists.
1 IKEA: For those construction junkies, next time you lost a screw or bolt and don’t want to spend tones of money purchasing the missing pieces in bulk, you should look into an IKEA vending machines. The store actually offers machines with ‘square parts’ for your convenience.
2. Herbs: This looks like it’s high illegal but we can’t imagine how popular this choice of vending machine would be. It would definitely be a hit among high school and college students.
3. Charge: Nothing in the world comes free nowadays. There was a time when charging your device would be free of charge, but people are so attached to their devices that it makes sense to make a profit out of it. There’s actually vending machines that charge your phone for 3 dollars each 30 minutes.
4. Shoes: Here’s an interesting one. There’s a vending machine, in the middle of the street, selling shoes to pedestrians. You never knew when you’re going to need a pair of new kicks!
5. Barbies: I can just picture how a little girl’s eye would light up at the sight of this vending machine… and how her parents eyes would grow slightly sour at the consumer trap.
6. For the days that you feel like your legs are really giving up on you, just stop by at a bike vending machine and casually purchase one of these!
7. Umbrella: This choice of vending machine is actually not that ridiculous. It would actually be quite popular if placed in the right location… those cities that see no sun but tons of rain!
8. Live Bait: We’re not sure who thought that a vending machine with live bait would be very functional or sanitary, but it can be helpful if located near a fishing site.
9. Legos: Just like a little girl would light up at the site of a Barbie doll vending machine, little boys would go crazy if they laid their eyes on one of these. Once again, smart move to trap parents into buying their child what they want.
10. Apple: Vending machines with Apple products have actually grown quite common, especially at airports. As irrational as it may seem to make such an expensive purchase through a vending machine… people get desperate to keep themselves distracted on those long flights.
11. Hot Dogs: It would be acceptable to have hot dog vending machines if the idea sounded remotely appetizing. We just can’t imagine that the hot dog would be fresh, warm or even healthy if its been sitting in a vending machine for hours… or maybe even days.
12. Eggs: This vending machine, as odd as it is, seems to be one of the more interesting ones. There’s actually vending machines that let you watch hens lay eggs! At least you know your purchase is fresh out the oven (metaphorically and literally).
13. Soccer Ball: What do you do when you really want to play soccer but have no ball to kick around? Just stop by at one of these and purchase the soccer ball of your choice!
14. Pizza: If you’re really impatient and don’t want to wait (even a minute) at your local Dominos, you can just resort to a pizza vending machine. Make the purchase and get a pizza instantly. It’s almost like magic!
15. Sephora: This make seem irrationally at first look, but it’s really not. Girls are often stuck in a predicament when they need to touch up on their makeup, but have no makeup to touch up with! In such situations, a Sephora vending machine might be exactly what they need!